Additional Insights from Haggai December 7, 2012Posted by stevekerp in End Times, Uncategorized.
During today’s program, we didn’t get quite as far as I’d hoped regarding the prophecy of Haggai, and I would be remiss if I failed to point out what, to me anyway, is a fairly obvious bridge between Haggai and Revelation. We read the verse but didn’t connect the dots:
“Speak to Zerubbabel, governor of Judah, saying:
I will shake heaven and earth.
I will overthrow the throne of kingdoms;
I will destroy the strength of the Gentile kingdoms.
I will overthrow the chariots
And those who ride in them;
The horses and their riders shall come down,
Every one by the sword of his brother.
‘In that day,’ says the LORD of hosts, ‘I will take you, Zerubbabel My servant, the son of Shealtiel,’ says the LORD, ‘and will make you as a signet ring; for I have chosen you,’ says the LORD of hosts.” (Haggai 2:21-23)
“I will” is stated or implied six times, and I believe that the six things the LORD says He will do point directly to the events we are anticipating.
- “I will shake heaven and earth.” Compare Isaiah 2:19-21, 13:13, and Revelation 6:12.
- “I will overthrow the throne of kingdoms.” Compare Daniel 2:35, Isaiah 2:11-12 and Revelation 11:15
- “I will destroy the strength of the Gentile kingdoms.” Compare Zechariah 12:9, 14:2-3 and Revelation 18:23
- “I will overthrow the chariots and those who ride in them.” Compare Revelation 19:17-18
- “I will take you, Zerubbabel …” Consider Revelation 11:3 and the possibility that Peter Goodgame is correct in believing that Zerubbabel will be one of the “two witnesses.” (see The Two Witnesses of Revelation)
- “[I] will make you as a signet ring …” Consider the use of signet rings in passages such as Esther 8:2,8 and Daniel 6:17. Again, this maps well to the activities of the “two witnesses.”
I do not find it difficult to believe that the “two witnesses” are already here, but still unrevealed. It could be that the foundation of the Lord’s temple will be laid in the very near future, and that the events we anticipate will begin playing out in history in the VERY near future.
Are you excited? Are you ready??